Unlike traditional telecines and real-time scanners, the ScanStation allows minimally-trained operators to convert film into digital form at unmatched speeds of up to 60 fps. Simultaneous image scanning and soundtrack reading with output to multiple formats including QuickTime HD ProRes, DPX, or TIFF — all in a single pass!
- 60+ fps simultaneous image scanning and soundtrack reading directly to QuickTime HD ProRes, DPX or TIFF
- 35mm, 16mm, 8mm, Super 8mm
- 28mm, 17.5mm, 9.5mm (optional package)
- 2D optical pin-registration (no edge-guiding)
- Automatically adjusts for shrunken film and soundtrack aperture position
- Sountrack readers featuring:
- Simultaneous image scanning and soundtrack reading
- Synchronized image and audio output direct to ProRes (no post-processing and no third-party tools required)
- Read soundtrack at any speed (no requirement to read in real-time)
- Optical: variable area or density soundtracks
- Magnetic: commag or sepmag rolls (no need for separate magnetic soundtrack reading equipment)
- Diffuse light source for optical scratch and fingerprint reduction
- Built-in splicing table with two light boxes
Splice broken film without removing it from scanner
- Safe handling for damaged, warped, and spliced film> (no pre-inspection required)
- Built-in color and dye-fade correction
- Cool LED light source protects film from heat damage
- Power requirements similar to a standard PC workstation
- Operates in normal office environment (no special cooling required)
- Automatic Failed Splice Recovery Patent Pending
After operator repairs splice, ScanStation automatically finds proper frame and continues. Video and sound remain synchronized.
- Meticulously calibrated, aligned and tested at the factory.
- Full one year warranty (parts and labor)
- Extended warranty available
- Host computer pre-configured and ready to use with Microsoft Windows and Lasergraphics Motion Picture Film Scanning System software.