Sonnet Tempo SATA Pro 6Gb PCIe 2.0
Professional 2-Port 6 Gb/s SATA Solution for Mac & PC Desktops with PCIe Slots
Why choose an eSATA Card? If you're planning to connect external storage to your computer, there's a good chance the enclosure will have two or more interfaces from which to choose, including USB, FireWire®, and eSATA. Your computer has USB ports, may have FireWire ports, and maybe even a Thunderbolt™ port, too. So if you can just plug into your computer's existing ports, why consider an eSATA card? Consider the facts that the 6 Gb/s eSATA interface offers superior performance to that of FireWire 800 and all USB interfaces, and Thunderbolt storage systems carry a price premium over eSATA storage systems. Sonnet's Tempo SATA Pro 6Gb PCIe 2.0 card is cost-effective solution for adding two high-performance eSATA ports to your computer so you can take advantage of this speedy interface.
External storage systems with an eSATA interface offer great flexibility. Single drive enclosures are very handy if you need to back up data or move files from one computer to another. Many storage systems include swappable drive trays, which are perfect for managing daily backups and multiple projects. Some systems, like Sonnet's Fusion™ D400QR5 and Fusion F3, feature hardware RAID controllers that manage up to four drives and enable you to create large, protected RAID volumes, yet the systems only require a single cable to connect to this pro eSATA card.
- Cost-effective solution for adding two high-performance 6 Gb/s eSATA ports to your Mac® Pro, desktop PC, or server with PCI Express® 2.0 slots
- Supports single SATA drive enclosures and multi-bay SATA drive enclosures (see Technical Specifications)
- Superior performance with data transfers up to 375 MB/s
- Perfect for use in Sonnet's Echo Express Thunderbolt Expansion Chassis for PCIe Cards
- Supports drive hot-swapping under OS X®
- Supports booting from attached drives under Microsoft Windows® 7
- AHCI compliant—no drivers required
- Supports Sonnet-exclusive locking eSATA data cables