Projectsam Orchestral Essentials 2
The Orchestral Essentials series captures the essence of the ProjectSAM experience: an inspiring collection of sounds taken from our extensive, cinematic product catalog. This volume expands your Orchestral Essentials template with brand-new selections from the ProjectSAM catalog, including the Symphobia series, the True Strike series and our other libraries, all re-designed and streamlined to fit the Orchestral Essentials concept.
The Mixed Orchestra section in Orchestral Essentials 2 offers you beautiful, live recordings of different orchestral sections playing together, such as full orchestra recorded with choir and strings recorded with brass.
The individual Strings, Brass, Woodwinds and Percussion sections deliver new articulations and sounds including lush string sordinos and flageolets, a massive, 8-player French Horn section, new, powerful drum sounds and chilling bowed cymbal scrapes. The Keyboards include a soft, delicate grand piano, box organ and cimbalom.
Orchestral Essentials 2 adds 5 beautiful legato instruments: solo trumpet, solo flute, solo oboe, cellos performing with bassoon and bass clarinet performing with contra bassoon. For these instruments legato transitions were recorded for all note intervals up to an octave up and down.
All instruments have been re-designed to fit the Orchestral Essentials concept, providing out-of-the-box playability and a cinematic sound that is impossible to beat at this price point. Orchestral Essentials 2 is a must-have addition for owners of the first volume, but is a powerful stand-alone volume too, especially for composers who already have their orchestral basics covered.
- Brand-new selection taken from the acclaimed ProjectSAM catalog
- Beautifully orchestrated full orchestra articulations
- New strings, brass and wind ensemble articulations
- 5 New legato instruments featuring real note-to-note transitions
- Full choir articulations
- New epic drum sounds and other percussion
- Intimate concert piano
- New Dystopia sound design
- Inspiring and thematic Multis
- Does not include Orchestral Essentials 1 content: all-new sounds
- Orchestral Essentials 1 license is not required: works stand-alone
- Available as Direct Download and on boxed USB stick
COMPARING WITH ORCHESTRAL ESSENTIALS 1
Orchestral Essentials 1 and Orchestral Essentials 2 are two unique libraries. One does not replace the other, they complement each other. If you own Orchestral Essentials 1, then Orchestral Essentials 2 will offer you 100% new sounds. It will expand your template by adding additional articulations to existing instruments as well as new instruments and ensembles altogether.
COMPARING WITH SYMPHOBIA SERIES
The sounds in Orchestral Essentials 2 were selected from other libraries in our catalog, including the Symphobia series. This document shows you the origin of each program found in Orchestral Essentials 2. Each program was streamlined and tweaked to fit into the Orchestral Essentials series concept. If you already own a Symphobia volume, please take a look at this document to see what Orchestral Essentials 2 will add to your template. All instruments in Orchestral Essentials 2 are available in 1 microphone set (close or stage, depending on the instrument). In the original libraries, these instruments are available in multiple microphone sets, a more in-depth interface and, in most cases, more articulations.
- 18.1 GB audio pool (actual recordings)
- 9.5 GB on disk (compressed Kontakt format on disk)
- 44.1 kHz 24 bit audio format
- Library version download: 1.0
- Library version boxed: 1.0
KONTAKT PLAYER REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum Kontakt version: 5.4.1
- Mac: OS X 10.8 or higher
- Windows: Windows 7 or 8
- Supported plug-in interfaces: Stand-alone, VST, Audio Units, AAX (Pro Tools 10 or higher), ASIO, Core Audio, WASAPI
- Comes with Kontakt Player license
- Also works with full version of Kontakt
- Orchestral Essentials (1) license not required. Works as a stand-alone library.
- License allows for 3 simultaneous activations per licensee